5 USEFUL TIPS TO IMPROVE EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT SURVEYS
Employee engagement surveys hold valid importance because of the kind of information they can generate leading to valuable restructuring within the organization and its workforce ability which will subsequently affect the productivity and customer satisfaction level in a positive manner.
Employee engagement has often been misunderstood as being synonymous with employee satisfaction, whereas the two things are very different. In fact satisfied employees can often hold a contrary point of view about their employment from engaged employees.
The level of employee engagement can be successfully measured using Employee Engagement Surveys. Here are 5 tips that can be used to improve these surveys to reveal targeted results.
- If you want to get a dependable result about the engagement levels of your employees then the best possible way is to provide them with an employee survey that will yield reliable answers. If this is your first time evaluating the engagement levels of your employees to deduce their motivation level, then hire one of the reputable agencies that perform employee engagement surveys. These firms have vast experience providing valid and reliable employee engagement surveys for big, small, new and old companies. Take advantage of their to ensure you receive the most professional employee engagement surveys.
- In a word – communication. The survey process is almost as important as the employee survey itself. In order to get a high response rate, develop and implement a multi-stepped pre-survey communication process that addresses: the objective of the survey, senior managements commitment to follow up on survey results, senior management commitment that the employee survey results will be shared with everyone, and several assurances that confidentiality and privacy are completely guaranteed.
- You may also improve the employee surveys by conducting them through different mediums. Instead of the commonplace technique of conducting surveys through employee questionnaires printed on paper, you can also have it conducted through social networking websites.
- Employee engagement surveys can be improved by providing a space for open-ended comments. For example, there may be company specific issues that are important to identify that deal with internal processes. This adds an important dimension to the employee engagement survey. This will enhance the lines of communication between the subordinate and the manager. Once the employees become aware that you are also open for queries, then they will truthfully reply to the surveys.
- Lastly, an oral or verbal aspect can have a positive effect on the whole employee engagement survey as well. Instead of handing out papers or asking the employees to fill an online form, induce short-interview sessions during which the employee’s body language can also be assessed for employee engagement level. Mind you, this last step can only take place in an organization where employees have high levels of trust that their feedback will be confidential and therefore this can only be done with a third party, external facilitator.
Employing these ways can improve the quality of employee engagement surveys and will also help in yielding desirable and valuable results. The whole purpose of employee engagement surveys is to be able to improve the motivational level of the employees. So, work on the employee surveys, the employee survey process and methodology of gathering employee feedback to improve their effectiveness.