Your credit score stays with you for life. Doesn’t matter if you are looking to take out a personal loan or not, your credit score is one of the most important scores you should definitely work on. It is an indication of your creditworthiness. Therefore, you need to check your credit score on monthly basis to spot any discrepancies and improve your scores if they are less than the prescribed number.
Four different bureaus give out credit scores including CIBIL, Equifax, Experian, and CRIF High Mark. Different financial institutions consider different bureau’s scores. You can check your average or general credit score regularly too. However, most of these bureaus ask users to take their subscriptions for regularly checking their credit scores.
If you don’t have a subscription to check your credit score multiple times for free, you can use the Airtel Thanks app for the same. This UPI transaction app is not limited to online payments and recharge, it can help you figure out your credit score at no extra cost.
Table of Contents
Steps to check credit score for free on the Airtel Thanks app
Let’s look at the steps involved.
- Download the Airtel Thanks app on your smartphone from the Google PlayStore and/or App Store
- Log in using your mobile number
- You will receive an OTP. Enter it
- Once you are logged in, scroll down to the very end on the home page of the app
- You will see a ‘curated for you’ section. Swipe to find the ‘free credit score’ tab
- Tap on ‘Check now’ to proceed
- Tick the checkbox present at the bottom of the app screen to accept the terms & conditions
- Hit the ‘Check Credit Score’ button
- Now enter your personal details like full name, gender, DOB, PAN number, email address, and current postal code
- Click on check now to get your credit score and report
- You will see your credit score, the number of accounts, and the credit age. Click on the ‘view report’ button to see your complete credit report including details on on-time payment, credit card utilization, credit age, credit inquiries, and credit mix.
The report also shows some of the pre-qualified credit card and personal loan offers. The offers are based on your credit score. You can also check ways to improve your credit score right on the app. A detailed understanding of the factors and their percentage of contribution to your report is available just below the credit report section. Do check it out to understand more about your credit score and report more.
The report generated is powered by CIBIL.
If your CIBIL score is more than 750, you can apply for Airtel Axis Credit Card or Airtel Personal Loan (up to 8 lacs) from the app itself. The offers are available in the shop section of the app under the financial services tab.
You can also use the app for credit card payment through UPI in the Airtel Thanks app. Download the app to check out its other features today!